Friday, April 15, 2016

Earth Day Extravaganza!

Earth Day is one of my all time favorite holidays. I get really into it every year and go overboard on the crafts and recycled projects. 

This year, I have decided to theme my entire week around Dr. Seuss's The Lorax and Earth Day! 

Our first project was a Lorax themed writing. We read the Lorax and then did this adorable writing paper that I found on The Learning Tree's website

We will hang these in the hallway with our directed draws of the Lorax! 

Learn to draw the lorax
We have a lot of discussions about why it is important to save our planet and how we can make it a better place to live.

We then made these cute crafts to go with our writing. We first used crayons to create the lines and then we used water colors to paint the background. Our next step was to color and cut out the truffula trees. These were fun and we added a little pizzazz with tissue paper. I'm not sure who to credit this idea with, but thank you to whomever it was! 


We will be creating bookmarks to give out to the school from our recycled scrap paper as well. My kids are really enjoying learning how to recycle and what it means to help the earth! 


We also attempted to melt crayons, but it ended up in melted silicone baking containers, let's not talk about that. 

In math, we did these great Earth Day Problem Solving books with a variety of math word problems. We are at the point in the year where the kids are starting to get tired of word problems, so I try to theme them around the holidays! They are a freebie in my store! 


Earth Day Problem Solving!
Click here for the books above! 
Happy Earth day to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment